A "Young Professional" is defined as an individual in the solid waste industry 35 or younger. YP's are a group of individuals who represent the future of the solid waste industry. They are passionate about the environment, our industry, and helping each other succeed. YP's are eager to offer advice, brainstorm ideas, develop solutions, and share in the struggles and triumphs of working in this business.
Here are a few of the many benefits of SWANA’s Young Professional group:
• Excellent networking opportunities at events, conferences, and online
• Webinars targeting the challenges of the solid waste industry
• Resources that provide tools and information to succeed in your career
• Opportunities to voice your opinion about the future of SWANA
How Do I Join?
New member Young Professionals pay a special first-year membership fee of $100.
The renewal rates for new YP members following their first year:
• Year 2: $150 for a renewing YP under the Public, Private, or Small Business sector
• Year 3: $200 for a renewing YP under the Public, Private, or Small Business sector
• Year 4: Back to full price at the standard membership rate for the industry sector
Young Professional Liaison
(405) 702-5196 Office